Sunday, December 27, 2009

As we say Good-bye to 2009




This morning I was watching one of my favorite television shows, Sunday Morning. They had a segment reflecting on some famous people who had passed away in 2009. Here are a few of the people they mentioned:
Michael Jackson - 50
Farrah Fawcett - 62
Dom DeLuise- 75
Bea Arthur- 86
Patrick Swayze - 57
Ricardo Montalban - 88
Ed McMahon - 86
Paul Harvey -90
Billie Mays - 50
Roy Disney - 79
Walter Cronkite – 92
When I look over this list I see people who have had an impact on my life. Some made me laugh, some made me sing, some informed me, some made me think, one even influence my hairstyle in the 70’s.

There were others who touched my life who were not mentioned. The not-so-famous.
John Hughes – 59
Wrote and directed "Ferris Bueller's Day Off".
Thanks John! One of my favorite movies!

Millvina Dean - 97
The last Titanic Survivor
Can you imagine the story she could tell? Do you think she thought she would live to be 97 while watching the Titanic sink?

Oscar Mayer -1914
Creator of the Oscar Mayer Weiner
What would it be like to have a hot dog named after you? How about that song?

Sen. Claiborne Pell – 90
Namesake of the Pell Grant
Yup, we have been grateful to have one of these grants.

Millard Fuller – 74
Founder of Habitat for Humanity
How many lives has he touched?

Ronald Dean Larsen – 74
Dad, Friend, Counselor.
I miss you. I think of you every day. Sometimes I laugh, sometimes I cry. Thank you for being a part of my life.