Sunday, October 8, 2006

If there is a will there's a way




My dear husband and I decided it was time to have our wills made. We gave "Bob the attorney" a call. When I walked into "Bob the attorney's" office the first thing I notice is a autographed picture of Dog the Bounty Hunter. I knew I was in the right place. I was going to like Bob.


One of the things we did was make a living will. If one of us went into a coma with no chance of improving someone could give the ok to stop life support or as Bob put it, "be a plug puller". Bob asked us to appoint a Plug puller #1 and plug puller #2. That was easy.


The next thing we had to do is decide who would take care of our 16 year old son, our estate and all of the money he would inherit. I called my girlfriend tonight to tell her she was the lucky winner. Ironically she had just made up her will. We thought that was kind of creepy but rationalized that our age and the realization of our mortality caused us to do it.

I highly recommend having a will made. When I left "Bob the attorney's" office I had a sense of relief.