Wednesday, May 19, 2010

We are Urban Homesteaders!

The garden is in. We are giving raised bed gardening a try. We don't have a lot of experience with vegetable gardening so we will see how this works. All of my resources promise great results in a small space with minimal work.

Here is a list of what we planted:
Tomatoes (a standard) - 3 different kinds
Green, yellow & red peppers (another standard)
Beets
Carrots
Green beans
Cucumbers
Spaghetti squash
Onions -yellow, white & purple
Potatoes - I'm Irish so I have that going for me. I am also Republican which explains the spelling.

Sorry - No Corn. Why? I just have to walk 5 blocks west to stand in a field of corn. Corn runs amuck around here.

Herbs:
Sage
Parsley
Marjoram
Stevia
Lavender
Basil


Yes, all of that in this small garden. 




Herbs and a tribute to Paris