Sunday, July 14, 2013

Countdown




Not that we are counting.


Do I dare say it? We are four days away from closing on our new house. I haven't written much thinking I would jinx things if I did. Silly I know.

This past Saturday we drove over to our new town, ok village, to experience the Farmer's market. The best part of visiting was meeting new people.

We met a delightful woman named Shelby who has lived there for years. She even knew the person who owned the house before us. We met the Police Commissioner and his yellow lab. He was a pastor in North Carolina before moving here. Then there were three lovely ladies who were selling books they had written and published. They invited me to their writer's group and encouraged me to explore writing.

The sense of community was wonderful. I think I am going to like it here.